Adopt a Foster Lamb to help a baby lamb survive and thrive. Our flock of about 500 ewes will birth almost 800 lambs in May and June, 2019. About 15 – 20 lambs will be unable to stay with mama, and must be cared for.
Will you help save a baby lamb?
For $65 you will:
- Name the lamb. We will use your chosen name from then on
- Receive a photo of the lamb so you could find yours in a group
- Learn all we know of its birthing history and reasons for needing to be fostered
- Be encouraged to come to the farm to help cuddle and bottle-feed
- Learn about health care and needs of small lambs
- After a week or so, most lambs graduate to small farms where they join small free-range flocks.
- You will get a report of your lamb’s progress as it learns to become a sheep.
- By registering and paying, you will be on a first come first served priority list to adopt.
You do NOT take your lamb home. Please note, one per customer.
The males will live on pasture in their new homes for the summer then will go to market; the females will stay with a flock, bearing babies of their own for years to come.
If you adopt a foster lamb, you will help a caring, busy sheep farm nurture the most vulnerable to enable them to survive.